I’ve been quite the busy bee today – got tons done already (tore up the bread for the stuffing and pineapple souffle, made the squash pie, the blueberry pie, and the crust for the tart, cooked the sweet potatoes, chopped veggies left and right), but still have tons to do tonight so I’m not running around in chaos tomorrow (the deal is, hubby cleans tonight and I cook. And we’re having BW3′s for dinner – I can’t cook *and* cook at the same time, if you know what I mean).
We added a couple of things to the menu – a sausage, apple, and chestnut stuffing, plus greens w/ ham hocks (because it would be a shame to let them go to waste!).
Here’s what I have left to do tonight before I go to sleep:
- chop onions, carrots, celery
- make brine for turkey and start the turkey soaking in it
- assemble sweet potato casserole (half done, just need to peel and slice the potatoes and make the topping)
- tear up the *other* stuffing bread
- finish making the nut tart
- slice squash and apples for autumn casserole, and assemble it
- make cranberry sauce
- prep pineapple gratin for baking
- toast bread cubes for PA dutch stuffing
- prep green bean casserole (minus the fried onions)
- prep the sausage, chestnut, and apple stuffing
Tomorrow morning I need to:
- Make the bird stuffing (I’ll already have the veggies pre-chopped, will just need to add the melted butter and broth and spices)
- Rinse bird, and stuff with the bird stuffing, slather with butter and herbs and put it in the oven to roast
- Make mashed potatoes and saute veggies to start PA dutch stuffing
- Chop turnips and potatoes for mashed potatoes
- Take out cheese to bring to room temperature
So many other things I know I’m forgetting, I’ll have sit down in a little while and revise the list if I forgot anything. It’s *so* much work putting this dinner together, but well worth it to feed everyone I love.
Back to the grind…